Due to the advice of the UK government, we are trying to limit all of our unnecessary social contact. This is especially pertinent to us as we have a lot of elderly customers. We are now all mostly working from home but we do have a skeleton crew of Doll Doctors and Teddy Surgeons in the Toy Hospital during office hours to receive post and new patients.
We are still accepting deliveries of patients by post and in person, however we ask that if you do want to drop off your toy, please follow the instructions below.
Dropping off toys in person
- All toys must be checked in online prior to drop off, you can check in your toy here
- Your toy must be dropped off in a plastic bag labeled with your name (please use the same name as the form)
- When you drop off your toy, place the bag on the doorstep, knock and step back – we will then come out and get your toy
- As the majority of repairs are over the £40 contactless amount we will be issuing invoices for payment prior to collection. These can be paid by bank transfer, over the phone using your card or online.
- If you have had any coronavirus symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has in the last 14 days we ask that you wait until after 14 days has passed to drop off your toy.
Collecting toys in person
If you are coming to collect your finished toy in person please follow the below instructions:
- Please do not come to collect your toy unless you have been contacted to say they are finished and ready to go home.
- We are no longer accepting cash payments. All bills over £40 should be settled prior to collection. We will be issuing invoices for payment prior to collection. These can be paid by bank transfer, over the phone using your card or online.
- If you have had any coronavirus symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has in the last 14 days we ask that you wait until after 14 days has passed to collect off your toy.
Alternative options to dropping off or collecting in person:
- Booking a teddy ambulance collection (New service!) Find out more about our fabulous pedal powered teddy ambulance here!
- Posting your toy. We receive at least half of our patients from across the UK and all over the world by post. This is a tried and tested method of getting people back their toys and we have had no issues with anything being lost or damaged. We use Royal Mail Special Delivery which is tracked, signed for and insured and would come with your normal Postie so no need to worry about couriers leaving them in weird places! Our postage and packaging costs are £13.80.
- Looking after your toy until government advice changes. If neither of the above options are suitable then we are happy to look after your toy until things change. If you would like us to do this we do ask that you settle the final amount now rather than on collection as we have already put in a lot of hard work into fixing your toFind out